New Delhi: India on Friday reported 2,528 fresh COVID-19 cases, 3,997 recoveries, and 149 deaths in the last 24 hours.
On Thursday, the country reported 2,539 new Coronavirus cases, 4,491 recoveries, and 60 deaths
The new coronavirus infections took the total tally of COVID-19 cases to 4,30,04,005, while the active cases dipped to 29,181.
According to the Union Health Ministry data, the death toll climbed to 5,16,281 with the fresh fatalities.
The active cases comprise 0.07 per cent of the total infections, while the national COVID-19 recovery rate is at 98.73 per cent.
The daily positivity rate was recorded as 0.40 per cent, the weekly positivity rate was also same.
The number of people who have recuperated from COVID-19 increased to 4,24,58,543.
The cumulative COVID-19 vaccine doses administered in the country crossed 180.97 crore so far, according to the ministry data.
Active case: 29,181 (0.07%)
Daily positivity rate: 0.40%
Total recoveries: 4,24,58,543
Death toll: 5,16,281
Total vaccination: 1,80,97,94,58
Union Health Secretary Asks States To Continue Focus On Five-Fold Strategy
Union Health Secretary Rajesh Bhushan on Thursday wrote to Additional Chief Secretaries, Principal Secretaries, Secretaries(Health) of all states and union territories, emphasising that there should be a continued focus on the five-fold strategy, i.e. Test-Track-Treat-Vaccination and adherence to COVID Appropriate Behavior.
He noted that there has been a consistent decrease in the number of new COVID-19 cases in India in the past few days and required steps have been taken for resumption of economic and social activities.
Union Health Secretary asked states to focus on the following:
- It is imperative that all the States/UTs must observe all precautions and not let the guard down while resuming the economic and social activities.
- States/UTs should focus on aggressive and sustained genome sequencing and intensified surveillance and keep an overall vigil on the Covid-19 situation.
- There should be continued focus on the five-fold strategy, i.e., Test-Track-Treat Vaccination and adherence to COVID Appropriate Behavior.
- States should also ensure that adequate number of samples are submitted to INSACOG network through Sentinel sites as per the protocol issued by National Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), which is the Nodal Agency for INSACOG, to ensure timely detection of new variants while maintaining adequate testing as per the protocols for testing laid by ICMR.
- Effective surveillance by monitoring of emerging clusters of new cases, if any, testing as per norms, and monitoring of ILI & SARI cases shall be taken up on a continued basis to ensure that no early warning signals are missed and spread of infection can be controlled.
- Ensure that all eligible persons are motivated to get vaccinated against COVID-19 as per the recent expansion of vaccination drive to young adults and precautionary doses for adults besides the completion of doses for all adults.
The health ministry also emphasised ensuring adherence to COVID Appropriate Behavior, i.e., wearing of face masks, maintaining physical distancing in all public areas/gatherings, and practice of effective hand and respiratory hygiene.
“Ministry of Health and Family Welfare will continue to provide requisite support to the States/UTs in the ongoing and collective efforts against COVID-19,” the letter read.
Check out below Health Tools-
Calculate Your Body Mass Index ( BMI )